May 13, 2011

A New Challenge Site...

Eek!!! I found the most amazing site this week ~ The Color Room ~ where they post weekly color pallettes *plus* a sketch in case you are layout-challenged like myself. :) This week's pallette is #58 ~ featuring the colors: Buttercup (yellow), Eggshell blue, Bright White, and Woodland Green ~ what I love about it is the fact that I would so NOT pick these colors or put them together... so the idea is that I am going outside my comfort zone weekly now ~ YAY! Here's the pallete:


I ended up doing 2 pages with these colors since: 1. I am still working on my 'document 2010' project. and 2. I had WAY too many photos on this particular evening... and yet, I realized once I finished that I never printed any of the actual pictures of Jordin Sparks on stage that I took!! Here are my layouts:


The one above is based on the pallette sketch ~ I highlighted the sparkley letters I had ($1 Target bin!) and the doodle I did for the date. I also stamped the swirl and added a few rhinestones to the whole thing. The one below was my second page for the document 2010 since I had these extra pictures and of course, I had forgotten the tickets, too! I actually doodled A LOT on this one in addition to the punches (Creative Memories) and the rhinstones.



Apologies on the color on these - lesson learned: take all of the photos (whole page + details) at the same time of day (and during the day for that matter!). This gets me (mostly) through July ~ which means I'm finally HALFWAY done! That just makes me laugh every time I think about it because I've been working on this what feels like forever now. I also 'expanded' the scrapbook for this project today, because it started out in a book with only 10 pages and those were full ~ I actually have 26 total layouts now for 2010! For those that know me, this is a major accomplishment because I am the typical 'so far behind' scrapper. :)

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment