May 6, 2011

SEI May 2011 Challenge

A new month has begun! This month's sketch from SEI really had me excited to try it out! When I saw the rounded shapes in the background, I immediately thought of this patterned Jocelyn paper and actually cut around the shapes myself with scissors - something I rarely do (way too OCD for this - which is why I love my Silhouette machine or a punch or stencils). The example on SEI's blog actually had some stitching, too, and since I haven't braved that yet... I decided to scribble around the outside with a fine tipped marker instead - another technique I've never used.


For the title - I actually had stuck the letters onto a light yellow cardstock that was the back of the primary brown piece - but then I thought it was too bright, so I used my Black Cherry glimmer mist to tone it down. I tried to take a couple of closeups so that you could see the details on this page since it's a lot more detailed than my usual pages... :)

~Jen

1 comment: